Amsterdam-based SET Ventures is a leading investor in digital technology companies that address climate change through sustainable energy solutions. We invest in early stage businesses across Europe that shape the transition of the energy system through technology and business model innovation.
Since 2007, SET has been a forerunner in sustainable investing, advocating environmental impact and ESG next to financial objectives. You will work with the leading European venture team that backed transformative businesses such as Sonnen, GreenFlux and General Fusion. We are a small and dynamic team where everyone contributes to the investment process from deal sourcing to portfolio management and knowledge building.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, curious, self-motivated, and comfortable in a relatively unstructured work environment. You complement the team with strong networking, analytical, and execution skills. Confident and positive, high-energy, capable of easily interacting with senior management. Eager to get involved in many different aspects of our business as required. You have a good grasp of the venture capital and start-up ecosystem across Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Independently meet with entrepreneurs, evaluate opportunities and pitch internally to the team;
- Network with peers in other venture capital firms and corporate venturing teams;
- Visit companies and attend industry events throughout Europe;
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through focused research;
- Perform due diligence: gather market research from companies and experts, conduct reference calls, evaluate technology through technical consultants, perform valuation analysis via modelling;
- Oversee and coordinate portfolio reporting;
- Develop an independent perspective, share insights in the field of the European energy transition;
- As a prospective board observer, stay ahead of the competitive dynamics and actively work with portfolio companies on strategic matters and fund raising.
- Impressive academic record, ideally with an MBA or MSc in a relevant scientific field;
- 4-7 years work experience, at least part of which in venture capital;
- Analytical mindset with ability to articulate issues; present a balanced case with clear recommendations;
- Keen to build strong relationships with people;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills and great attention to detail;
- Excel skills with sound understanding of financial modeling and valuation concepts;
- Having explored the world, language skills and adding to the diversity of the SET team is desirable;
- Valid EU work permit and willingness to move close to Amsterdam;
- Impact driven with a strong intrinsic motivation for sustainable change.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Become an integral part of the investment team, with colleagues who are world experts in this sector;
- Significant development, mentoring and personal growth opportunities;
- Connect with SET’s powerful network across the next generation of European entrepreneurs that tackle climate change;
- A chance to contribute to tackling the global climate problem through innovation and technology;
- Startup company mentality and a flexible, supportive work environment;
- Competitive compensation and carry.
Please send your CV and a cover letter containing a short explanation of your interest to work with us to email@example.com att. Linda van Veen by October 22, 2021.