We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Analyst to join the SET Ventures team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You will have a brilliant position in the leading European venture fund investing in the forerunners of the energy system transition and have an opportunity to contribute to tackling the global climate problem through innovation and technology. This is your chance to demonstrate your talent in a business area that will change the world.
An exciting and varied position, the Analyst will support the partners and managers of this international venture capital fund. You are a motivated self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision. Confident and positive, high-energy, and with the ability to make sense out of complex situations from a market, technology and financial perspective. Flexible and willing to get involved with many different aspects of the business as required.
What you will be doing
- Manage deal flow
- Track incoming deals, register in CRM and monitor follow-up;
- Report on deal flow statistics.
- Deal screening
- Call and/or meet with prospects to evaluate opportunities;
- Documentation: summarise call notes;
- Help identify new investment opportunities and markets.
- Perform due diligence
- Project management and planning;
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts;
- Research competitors and trends;
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling;
- Help prepare internal investment proposals.
- Prepare shareholder reporting
- No prior investment experience required, but we seek someone with an intuitive understanding of (software) technology companies, whether as a (co-)founder, key employee or outstanding intern;
- 0-2 years working experience;
- Top tier education in engineering or business discipline;
- Passion for innovation, building companies and the energy transition;
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, pro-active and self-motivated;
- Strong knowledge of Excel for financial modelling;
- Ability to produce well-designed PowerPoint presentations;
- Strong communication skills in English; speaking German or Dutch would be nice.
This is what we offer
- An opportunity to contribute to tackling the global climate problem through innovation and technology;
- A great position to meet and assess the next generation of leading technology entrepreneurs in the exciting field of the energy system transition;
- Work closely together with a skilled and internationally oriented team in an authentic office in the historical centre of Amsterdam;
- Innovative startup company mentality, a supportive work environment, and co-workers who are world experts in this sector;
- Competitive compensation package.
Please send your cover letter, CV and salary request to our Operations Manager, Leonie Mekel, email: email@example.com by April 15, 2019.
For additional information about the position, please contact: Rene Savelsberg, Managing Partner +31203200104, available on April 5, between 12pm and 2pm and April 9, between 12pm-2pm.